When we tempt for having something sweet in the hectic fasting days, the Samvat Rice Kheer fulfils all that temptation of yours. It gets ready quickly and delivers you just the right amount of energy, and nutrition required during the fast.
Prep time: 10-15 Min
Cooking Time: 15-20 Min
Ready in: 20 Min
- 1 litre or 5 cups of full cream milk
- 80 gm or 2/3 cup of Rice
- 100 gm or 1/2 cup of Sugar
- 10-12 pieces of Cashews
- 8-10 pieces of Raisins
- 4-5 small cardamoms
- Wash the Samvat Rice, and soak them for half an hour.
- Chop the cashews into pieces.
- Take out the stems of raisins, and wash.
- Grind the cardamom well.
- Take a heavy pan to boil the milk.
- Put the washed Samvat Rice in the milk, once boiled.
- Stir it constantly, after every 2-3 minutes.
- Make sure the kheer does not stick to the bottom. Keep stirring on from the base.
- When the rice becomes tender, put in the cashews and raisins in it, and stir.
- You have to cook the kheer till the mixture becomes thick, and the rice gets mixed into the milk. Check that the rice and milk must fall together, when you drip it from a spoon.
- Now, add Sugar to taste in the Kheer.
- Stir to mix well.
- Keep the gas off.
- For garnishing, you may use cardamom seeds.
- Serve it hot or cold.